Friday, June 19, 2009

Triple Threat!!


Welcome, I can sing and I do dance, a little, but I don't know if I'm ready for Broadway! So, it's not that kind of triple threat!! Well, I really stretched my stamping capabilities this morning! I went challenge-seeking this morning, and I landed on Splitcoast. Well, the limited supply challenge this morning is called International Flair (LSC225), and you need to use a foreign language somewhere on your card.
Guess what? I have all of two stamps/sets that have foreign language on it. I have a Merry Christmas in Swedish stamp (God Jul), and I have Carte Postale by Stampin' Up (I think there will probably be a lot of cards made with this set today!). I wasn't in the mood for Christmas, so I went with Carte Postale. Second hurdle was that I wanted to use the Color Throwdown #47 colors on it. Well, for some reason, those colors don't go with this stamp set, at least not in my mind. However, I was not going to back down from a challenge, so I went with it!! Here is what you have!! The sketch is this week's sketch on SCS, #233. Whoa, that's a lot for me...my brain can't take anymore!!
Card Details:
Stamps: Carte Postale by Stampin' Up
Paper: Pink Flamingo DSP, Tempting Turquoise, Cameo Coral and Kiwi Kiss by Stampin' Up
Ink: Tempting Turquoise
Accessories: Making Memories ribbon slide; Angel Wings Shimmerz; SU ribbon; Pearl stickers; Cuttlebug Embossing folder

14 comments:

Barbara said...

Pretty! Love that image and the bird is perfect!! Thanks for playing the Throwdown! Hope to see you again next time!

Stef H said...

this is beautiful. love the colors too

hugs,

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

This is gorgeous, Nancy! :)

Christine said...

Triple threats, triple headers -- no wonder your head is spinning!

This card is beautiful!

Blessings,
Christine

Cindy Haffner said...

Nancy this is t0o pretty.

Danni said...

What a neat card!! Great job!

Dawn said...

I kept thicalin and thicalin about what I could say about this card and it is truly a masterpiece! I love the combined challenges and the colors are just lovely! Great Job... Love it Nancy!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Nancy!! Love those colors!!! Two days in a row of doing three challenges on one card! You rock girl!!

Hope you have a great weekend!!

hugs,
Chris

Jodi said...

That is such a pretty card, I love the bird you added to it too!!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Abi Bundy said...

great card!

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous card!!!

LeAnne said...

Very pretty--I had to search for a foreign stamp too! I did find "Joyeaux Noel" AFTER I made my card for the challenge!
I love how you laid this out, it makes for a very nice card! Thanks for playing!

Unknown said...

Very elegant card...I adore the bird in flight!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

dpkennedy said...

Lovely card! The pearls are just right! Thanks so much for playing the CTD!