Wednesday, June 17, 2009

FBW 62 Tilda is Rockin' the Wings!

Welcome!!! It's Flutter By Wednesday time!! This is the 62nd installment...whoa!! We have a guest designer this week, and she is Mary Giemza. Please visit her blog and leave her some love today! In addition, our featured team member this week is Christine. You will love her beautiful cards, so visit her as well!! Our challenge this week is actually an open one, so bring out your butterflies and fairies and have a flutter by day! When you finish, we would love to see your creations. Danni has Mr. Linky over on her blog...just give us a direct link to your card so that we may visit as well!
I was so excited to finally ink up this Tilda (she reminds me of my daughter who loves to put on butterfly wings!)...I can't believe that I have had her for as long as I have, and she hasn't seen ink. I also used a new stamp pad...Palette Noir...to ink her up with. It is a nice one, and OCD me now has Adirondack, Memento, and Palette in her collection. We were talking the other day about how weird it is to even bust out the SU black now...it really is purple! YIKES! Sorry, I love Stampin' Up, but the black is purple. Oh well, I digress. I think I'm just chatty today!
I really toned down the embellishments on this card because I really wanted the image and designer paper to do the talking! I had fun coloring this image, as usual. There is just something soothing about sitting at my desk and coloring. I was getting very frustrated with a certain child who just couldn't stop whining today, and coloring was all the therapy I needed! Luckily, she snapped out of it, and I kept my cool! I'm also counting down the days until I go to Copic certification...I don't think I've ever looked as forward to a class as I am this one! CAN'T WAIT!!!
Card Details:
Stamps: Tilda as Butterfly by Magnolia
Paper: Real Red by Stampin' Up; Designer Paper by Me and My Big Ideas
Ink: Palette Noir
Accessories: Sky Blue Shimmerz; SU ribbon
Copics: R00, R20, B12, B14, R29, N5, Y08, Y11, Y21, E33

20 comments:

Kimmie said...

Thank you for sharing this awesome card! I didn't know there was a tilda with butterfly wings. She's adorable

Heather said...

Nancy, this is adorable!!!

Kim said...

Nancy, that is so cute - her wings are awesome!

Dawn said...

Nancy... This little gal is precious! I really love her red shoes... when I say them I said... outloud... UNBOU!!! So you can imagine my happiness because I LOVE red shoes! great job with this card... and again I say... UNBOU... Have a good one!

Stef H said...

this is beautiful. i just love the red behind her wings. really great job.

hugs,

Lynn McAuley said...

Love the bright colors you have used on this delightful card!! What a precious winged Tilda!!! Cute, cute, cute!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is adorable! Love your Tilda! Love how you did those wings! Gorgeous!

Danni said...

Such a fun card! I love the color combo you used! Wonderful!

Jodi said...

Love your card!! She is a cutie, and I love the colors you used for her too, they are perfect for summer.
Hugs
Jodi =)

Anonymous said...

Love this card! She is too cute! And those bright colors are so happy!

Cathy said...

This is sooo cute!!! I love the colors and the way you colored her is awesome!! I'm so jealous that you get to go to Copic class!! I hope you have fun!! Hugs, Cathy

Christine said...

Your Tilda is so cute. I'm seeing a lot of red and blue today.

Blessings,
Christine

Michelle said...

Oh Nancy the card is perfect - you're right..the DP and image is all you need. My daughter loves to wear her butterfly wings so I just had to laugh when I read your blog post. Great card!!

Ann Kranitz said...

Great coloring!! I am so glad you finally got to ink her up!

Jan said...

Tilda is absolutely adorable from the tip of her wings to her red shoes! Beautiful colors, Nancy!

Maria Matter said...

Beautiful Nancy! I love the bright colors!
I wish I had butterfly wings to wear around the house...wouldn't that be fun...sparkly ones!!!
Blessings, Maria

Nicola said...

Wow Nancy your card is beautiful and I adore this Tilda you have used and your colouring is superb. The papers are delicious and what a beautiful detail you have done with her wings,
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Rachel said...

so very cute!! love those colors.
hugs,
Rachel

Lelia Pierce said...

Great job, Nancy! Such a fun card!

Hugs,
Lelia

Heather Schlatter said...

Nancy,

How adorable is this??? I just love what you did with Tilda and her wings!!! Love the shimmerz too!!! I hope your class went well!!!

I am just really in need of like 2 or 3 more hours in the day so I can go back to commenting regularly on my team mates blogs!!! I can not tell you how much I miss it!!!

I want to say maybe it will be better when school starts back up, but then again I do not want to wish away any precious time with my kiddo's either!!! LOL

I love all your creations from the last week and I wish I had the time to comment on all fo them as they all deserves such lovely comments that is for sure!!!

Heather