Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

My post is a little late...we've been busy today!! We had a fairly leisurely morning, but I did have to bake a strawberry-rhubarb pie, and we left shortly after noon to go to my in-laws' house for lunch. My father-in-law loves strawberry-rhubarb pie, so my mother-in-law asked me to make it. I had a devil of a time finding rhubarb yesterday, but my hubby finally found some!! Yay!! Anyway, this is the card that I made for my father and my father-in-law. I always seem to make them the same card...hopefully they don't start comparing notes!! That would be a hoot!
Last night, (yes, we waited until the last minute) Meredith and I sequestered ourselves in the craft room to make a card for Daddy! We craft a lot together (or rather in tandem), but we had neglected to make this card. So, we picked Daddy's favorite color, green, and we went with it! I cut the paper, but she assembled and stuck everything down. She cut out the sentiment, and I actually let her use my copic markers to color the image. Oh my goodness, she was so excited and felt very grown up. She did a great job!! Not a bad card for a 4 year old!!

This is the inside of the card...I have to tell her what letter to write and generally where to put it, but this is all her (except the comma) doing. I don't have any other children to compare to, so I'm quite proud of her abilities!! She was so excited to give this to Daddy, and he loved it!

Card Details (Tie card):
Stamps: More Great Greetings (sentiment) by SU
Paper: Bashful Blue and Riding Hood Red DSP, Night of Navy and Riding Hood Red CS by Stampin' Up
Ink: Riding Hood Red
Accessories: sewing machine for stitching along outsides of card; buttons; CM oval cutting system
Card Details (Meredith's card):
Stamps: Great Impressions; More Great Greetings (sentiment) by SU
Paper: Glorious Green, yoyo yellow, Rainbow Sherbet DSP by stampin up
Ink: memento tuxedo black; Real Red
Accessories: Copic markers; Basic Grey ribbon; Cuttlebug embossing folder

9 comments:

Kimberly said...

What a great father's day card! Love the paper you used for the tie - it's perfect. You daughter did a great coloring job too!

Kim said...

Love that tie card, Nancy. And your daughter's card is so precious too!

Christine said...

Meridith's card is beautiful!

Patti said...

Yum, strawberry rhubarb is one of my favorites too. I bet your FIL loved it. Your cards are great and Meredith is donig very well with her writing. She must have been so proud and excited to give her card to her daddy.

Cathy Spicer said...

FAB cards! I'm so glad you found my blog and joined as a follower so that I could find you! You're on my reader list and I'm awed by your creations (had to do a quick blog-through). Can't wait to see more!

Cindy Haffner said...

Perfect and fun, super jobs!

Kathy Jones said...

Awwwww....how adorable!!!! Your little one did a wonderful job and love the heartfelt message inside!!! Love your shirt card too - very cool!!!

Kelly said...

Love the Father's Day card! Meredith's card is precious!

Pia said...

Meredith's card is soooooo cute!!