Thursday, June 18, 2009

A Tilda Double header!!

I know, it's probably a little strange to mix baseball and Tilda, but that is the snappy title that came to mind! I've been making a lot of Tilda cards in the past few days in order to send them to 7 different people in my Raining groups on the Magnolia-licious yahoo group. It's been fun, but you will be seeing a few Tildas in the next few days!! Aren't you excited? The above card is also for this week's Madelynn's Twinkling Tuesday sketch (MTTSC27)...a fun sketch, but a little bit tricky! I had fun with the colors...I'm going to miss the in colors this year, but at least I was able to stockpile some of the paper!!

Card Details:
Stamps: Tilda with Hearts by Magnolia
Paper: Raspberry Tart DSP, Rose Red, Cameo Coral, and Kiwi Kiss by Stampin' Up
Ink: Not sure (this was an image I received)...I would guess one of the big three (Palette, Adirondack or Memento)
Accessories: CM Oval cutting system; Royal Red Shimmerz; Rhinestone stickers; Primas; Brads; SU Ribbon (Kiwi Kiss and Rose)
Copics: R00, R20, RV11, RV34, RV29, Y21, E33

My second Tilda in the lineup, and I just couldn't resist this paper...Sweet Always by Stampin' Up. I got a little crazy buying the designer paper from Stampin' Up, but sometimes it is really nice to have things coordinate. I store my SU DSP in the Cropper Hopper vertical files in their original packaging. I just write, in Sharpie, the colors that coordinate with each paper pack on the plastic, and it is quick, quick, quick when I need something! I guess that is my little pearl of wisdom today.
Also, how many of you do this? When you have used up your pop dots...do you cut the remaining shell part up to use also? I can't stand to waste that stuff!!

Card Details:
Stamps: Pink Tilda with Rose
Paper: Sweet Always DSP, Rose Red, Regal Rose, and Wild Wasabi by Stampin' Up
Ink: Unknown...another donated image
Accessories: Primas; Brads; SU ribbon (Wild Wasabi)
Copics: R00, R20, B12, B14, RV11, R85, 0, E53, G24, E41

11 comments:

Nicola said...

Such beautiful cards Nancy and you have coloured these Tilda´s to perfection. Your papers are gorgeous and I love those layouts.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Christine said...

They are both very cute. Bright and cheery.

Blessings,
Christine

Heather said...

Nancy, these are both adorable! Great job with that TT sketch. It was definitely one of the more challenging ones! Both of your cards are fantastic!

Stef H said...

these are both gorgeous. do you think because i love pink????? nah! they're just gorgeous.

and yes, i use every scrap of pop dots that i can. i even cut up the extra rubber from the SU stamps and use that as pop dots too.

hugs,

Cindy Haffner said...

These gals are so sweet, awesome job.

coldwaters2 said...

Two very beautiful cards Nancy love Tilda and your papers and colour combo works well.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Barb Hardeman said...

Both your Tilda's are soooo cute! Love the dsp you chose, so perfect! When I use up my pop dits, you better believe I cut up the "frame" and use it. What a waste to pitch it out...

Sharon Caudle said...

Adorable cards! Love them both! To answer your question, I don't usually use pop dots, I usually use dimensional tape that I can cut to my own needed size. But when I do use them, absolutely I cut up the shell and use it. :)

Christina C. said...

Lovely cards--both of them!!! Hugs, Christina

Danni said...

Both of these are just so cute!! Really like the first one though, the colors/papers are so fun!

Abi Bundy said...

very pretty!