Wednesday, June 10, 2009

It's a Two Challenge Kind of Day-FBW61 and MOJO90

Hello, ladies!! Here I am apologizing again for being so sparse in my posting. Things are starting to settle down a bit, but I still feel buried! Today is another busy day, but I'm hanging in there! We are leaving this Friday morning to drive to Pittsburgh for my husband's family reunion. It will be a quick trip, but Meredith is looking forward to going to play with and meet her cousins! I haven't been stamping as much, but this card got me back in the groove. I have also been coloring a bunch of Magnolia images because I have 7 raining cards to make this month...lots and lots! So, I bet you'll be seeing lots of Magnolia cards!! Anyway, on to the real reason you came!!

Flutter By Wednesday #61 is here!! Our challenge this week is to use a butterfly and/or fairy on a card in conjunction with any sketch of our choosing! I chose this week's Mojo Monday sketch #90. I did take a little creative license with it, but that is the beauty of a sketch...do what you want with it! Go to Danni's blog to see all the creations and post your card through Mr. Linky. We have a featured team member this week, and it is Lelia. She has such beautiful creations on her blog and a kind spirit...please leave her some love! And, the rest of the team, listed on the left side of my blog would truly appreciate your love...they all really knocked it out of the park last week, so I can't wait to visit everyone and see! Wednesdays are kind of like Christmas once a week!!

Card Details:
Stamps: sentiment from Paper Makeup Stamps
Paper: Wisteria by Basic Grey; Bordering Blue and Elegant Eggplant by Stampin' Up
Ink: Elegant Eggplant by Stampin' Up
Accessories: SU Scalloped Circle punch; CM circle cutting system; Bling It by Basic Grey; SU ribbon; Quickutz Butterfly die

17 comments:

FireCracker082 said...

love the paper choices on this Nancy! great colors! btw, I left you some love on my blog! (post date: June 7th)

Nicola said...

Wow Nancy your card is awesome, I love this sentiment - brings a tear to my eye because this is ever so true.
Your papers and layout are divine and your whole card rocks.
Wishing you a fantastic family meet up, how precious.
Don´t forget you only have 2 more days to participate on the Purple and Yellow theme for a huge prize, check out my blog and you will see what is up for grabs at the top of my sidebar.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Heather said...

Nancy, this is just beautiful!!! I absolute LOVE it!!!!

Stef H said...

this is beautiful. that sentiment is awesome and your colors are out of this world.

hugs,

Lelia Pierce said...

Wow! I love that sentiment and your color choice. Fabby!

Hugs,
Lelia

coldwaters2 said...

Its a beautiful card love the colours you have used and that sentiment is fab.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Danni said...

This is so pretty! I just love the colors...very nice!
Hope you remember to take time to breathe!!

Kim said...

Nancy, this looks awesome - I love that sentiment and the colors you used are my fave's!

Jan Hennings said...

Very pretty card! Love your blog.
I live in Iowa and in the winter there's plenty of snow, so maybe I could put some on dry ice and send you a little winter charm :)

Jodi said...

Very pretty card, and colors for it! I love your sentiment too. This is a fabulous card!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Ann Kranitz said...

OHH GASP!! This is lovely!! Great colors.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Beautiful Nancy!! I love the sentiment!! The colors and dp is beautiful!! Yours is the first Mojo card that I have seen turned on it's side. Love it!!!!!!

Dawn said...

Anyone that would not like this gorgeous card is a ... a...BEDBO!!! There I said it! i love the colors and that sentiment is my fave! Great job, girl!!!

Christi Flores said...

This is gorgeous Nancy!! I hope things slow down for you soon!

Christine said...

Very pretty!

Blessings,
Christine

Heather Schlatter said...

Hey Nancy do not worry about being sparce in your posting yor cards are worth the wait. I used to post almost every day and it seems like lately I am lucky to post 3 or 4 times a week!!

I got your card and I just love it how thoughtful of you you are so sweet and kind and I love it!!!

It was a nice pick me up that day!!! I really do appriciate that you thought of me!!!

I really like your Flutter by Card and I ended up doing the same sketch this week how funny!!! I love the colors you choose to use also!!!!

Have a great Thursday girl, Oh and I finally just got my Flutter By Card up yesterday was just too busy!!! But it is done and up now!!!

Heather

Cathy said...

This is really pretty!! I love the colors and the papers are fab!! Love your take on the sketch!!

Hugs, Cathy