Monday, June 15, 2009

Ah, Mondays!!

Mondays are often a conflicting time for me. We are usually so busy on the weekends that Monday is a tiring day back in the groove. And, we just came off driving 9 hours to Pittsburgh on Friday, a reunion on Saturday, and driving home 9 hours on Sunday. Add in poor sleep and poor eating, and you may have a disaster on your hands, at least in the life of a 4 year old. HOWEVER, I love Mondays because of Mojo Monday...I always look forward to it because it sort of kick starts my creativity. Then, I look forward to the other days of the week because I have a multitude of other fun challenges like Color Throwdown during the week! Today is no exception! I was actually able to combine two of my favorites: Mojo Monday #91 and Color Throwdown #46. LOVE them both!!

And, I can't believe that I have never had a Lily stamp from Pink Cat Studios...have I been living under a rock? My friend Heather sent me some images, and I couldn't wait to color them. Thank you, Heather. And, I'm sure Pink Cat Studios will thank you because I believe I will be making an order shortly!!

Card Details:
Stamps: Lily at the Beach by Pink Cat Studios; sentiment by Whiff of Joy
Paper: Delicate Dots, So Saffron, Certainly Celery, Brocade Blue and Bashful Blue by Stampin' Up
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Nesties Scalloped Oval; CM Oval; CB Embossing folder; SU ribbon; MS Butterfly punch

Copics: R00, R20, YG03, YG13, YG23, YG67, E33, RV11, RV34, Y21

12 comments:

Danni said...

This is so cute! Love the texture!!

Cathy Rulli said...

very cute!! Thanks for playing!

Jodi said...

Love this card, it's very cute!!
Hugs
Jodi=)

Ann Kranitz said...

Adorable!! I too love that little Lily. She is on my wish list. You colored her so well.

Kim said...

Nancy, that card is just so darn cute. I love that image! Hope you're having an awesome summer!

Stef H said...

Very nice and that image is just adorable.

hugs,

Heather said...

Nancy, your card is AWESOME!!!! Great job!! I'm glad you liked the images. Sadly the only time my Lily stamps have seen ink was when I stamped them for you. Your card has inspired me to actually use them. Great job!

LeAnne said...

So cute! Great sketch and I love how you CB'd your background! Thanks for playing, too!

Nicola said...

Fabulous card Nancy and this image sure is cute - super colouring and bugging.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Ooh, I love those images. One on my wishlist for sure. Gorgeous textures, layout and coloring on this beautiful card, Nancy!! Very cute!
hugs,
Chris

Maria Matter said...

Nancy, this is so cute, love the embossing!
I don't own PCS Lily stamps yet, but I keep seeing this image...I think I'll be putting an order in shortly also!
Blessings, Maria

Cathy said...

I love your Lily!!! So sweet and cute. The colors are cool and calming and that turtle is so cute!! Hugs, Cathy