Friday, May 14, 2010

SCH Fab Friday--It's Graduation Day!!

Happy Graduation Day...well maybe someone is graduating today somewhere! It's a Fab Friday at Sugar Creek Hollow, and we have a challenge for you today!! We had a color combination...Soft Sky, Blue Bayou, Very Vanilla, and Chocolate Chip. Those were some oldies, but goodies! I love these two blues, and I still pull them out of my arsenal at times!
The digital stamp that I used is part of a set called Vintage Graduation from Sugar Creek Hollow, and it is wonderful. It is very versatile! And, it is only $5 for three digital stamps! You can't beat that!! And, I love digital stamps for their instant gratification...being that I am a last minute stamper!
I also used Mercy Kerin's sketch from this week (MTSC73), and I really feel that it fit this image!! I love when things all work together!! That is amazing!!
Card Details:
Stamps: Vintage Graduation by Sugar Creek Hollow
Paper: Soft Sky and Blue Bayou CS and DSP; Very Vanilla and
Choc. Chip CS by SU
Accessories: Choc. Chip ink to sponge; CM circle cutter;
Nestabilities; SU ribbon; Basic Grey brown pearls

14 comments:

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Beautiful card, Nancy! The sketch works terrific for this set! Love the ribbon treatment and the pearls are the perfect finishing touch!

LorettaL said...

Nancy, this is GORGEOUS! I love the way you used those little pearls!

MiamiKel said...

Nancy! This is just fabulous - the colors work perfectly together with your wonderful layout, ribbon placement and the pearls - just a stunning card, one that would grace any graduates album! Beautiful!!

Jan said...

Very nice!!! I wish I had spotted this earlier.....I had to make a graduation card for a challenge awhile back and I drew a blank. I didn't have any graduation type stamps so I ended up die cutting 2010 out of pattern paper and adding it to the front of my card.

Joseline said...

Beautiful graduation card! You did a great job with the sketch.

Linapyssel said...

Hi Nancy!!
I saw my card was eliminated???!!!
Why?? Do you know?? Please respond to this..I´d like to know what I did wrong!!
Hugs Lina

Cheryl said...

Beautiful graduation card! I love the blue and brown together. The pearls are perfect.

Stephanie said...

Love this card, your use of pearls is awesome. I also love how you cut your ribbon!

Donna Moore said...

A perfectly awesome card! Everything about it works beautifully together! I do love your special touch of the pearls!! Great card!!

Cassie said...

NANCY!!!!
You are tooo good to me! Thank you from the bottom of my big Texas heart for the birthday card you sent me! I'm tremendously blessed that you remembered and then went even beyond and sent me a card. You are a sweetie!!!
Do we share the same birthday? If not, I know it's close to mine....

anyway, on to your card -- this is so elegant - perfect for a graduation card!!

ellepaulette said...

I love these colors!! Great job!!

jjcreations said...

This is such a wonderful card. I love how your arranged the little pearls by size.....it's so striking.

Bernadette Bliss said...

I just love this card, Miss Nancy. The use of the images and those sweet pearls. Great job!

HappyCrafter said...

Great graduation card, good sketch to use with this image.