Wednesday, May 5, 2010

FBW108 Flutter By Wednesday meets Meljen's Designs

Howdy, Flutter By Wednesday Fans!! How y'all doin'? Sorry, I couldn't help the drawl in my writing! Today we have a wonderful little surprise at Flutter By Wednesday...we have a sponsor. I tripped across the Meljen's Designs Etsy shop a few months ago, and I was hooked by the cuteness!! They have some amazing digital images, and I'm blown away by the detailing. Well, the team was treated to two images, and I just couldn't resist using both of them! So, I have two cards for you today! The above is using an adorable little fairy, and she was so big when I printed her out that I had to abandon my plan for a scalloped edge! Not a big deal because I love the bling even better! Make sure you hop on over to the Flutter By Blog...there may just be a chance for you to get your hands on a Meljen's Design prize!

This next card took a bit of a different slant for me also! I started with the image, and I knew I wanted to color it, but I also didn't want a white background. So, I printed the image first on white, second on the So Saffron. I colored the butterfly on white, cut it out (yes, I cut the small parts on the bottom), and I popped it up on the image on the So Saffron. Then, I highlighted the flying lines (is that what they are called?) with a blue Spica glitter pen. From there, I used the Nestability to cut out the image in yellow. I cut the next biggest size, and I turned it a bit. It is a simple layout, but the bling coupled with the two different borders and ribbon really helped to make it stand out. I love how the color combo came out!!
I would love for you to visit my team mates' creations...they are true masters of their craft. I love to see what they come up with each and every week!
Card Details:
Card One:
Paper: Basic Black, White, and Melon Mambo by Stampin' Up
Accessories: Copic markers (E00, E01, RV21, RV23, RV25, RV29, E41, E31, E33), Gold Glimmer Shimmerz, Martha Stewart bling stickers; CM circle cutting system
Card Two:
Paper: Sweet Pea DSP by Stampin' Up; So Saffron, Garden Green, and Pacific Point CS by SU
Accessories: Copic markers (B21, B24, B26, G12, G14); rhinestone stickers; Nestabilities; Martha Stewart Cornice border punch; EK Success border punch; ribbon by May Arts;

18 comments:

Heather said...

Both of your cards are beautiful! Great job!

Karen Wilson said...

Oh wow!! These are GORGEOUS! I love them both, but your butterfly just pops from the card. Awesome job, my friend! WOW!

Lelia Pierce said...

Wow! You did an amazing job this week, Nancy! I love the perfectly spaced bling on the first card! :O)

Hugs,
Lelia

Kimberly S said...

Beautiful cards Nancy! Love that you added the bit of black with the gems on your faerie card, and the butterfly is just so pretty. How fabulous that you used both images!! :)

kris said...

Both cards are beautifully done!! Love that you played with both of them!!!

Christi Flores said...

What wonderful cards!!! I love them both!

Jodi said...

Both of your cards are beautiful! I love the glitter on your first one and the pretty blue on the next.
Hugs
Jodi =)

Abounding Treasures said...

Both cards are gorgeous but I'm partial to butterflies :o)

Danni said...

Love both of these....so very pretty!! Love the butterfly one with the blues and greens, gorgeous!

Harriet Skelly said...

Nancy I love both of your cards! I especially love how you did the butterfly - awesome cutting!! I also love these round cards - I forget to make them!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wowzer Nancy! These are both drop dead gorgeous!! Love the circle shape with the stunning image and coloring and bling!! Your butterfly with the yellow and blue and bling just rocks.
hugs,
Chris

Christine said...

Both of our cards are so beautiful! I particularly love the colors you used on the butterfly!!!

Blessings,
Christine

Shelly said...

Beautiful cards! You're so creative. I love the way you went with the round card with the fabulous bling for the fairy and printing the butterfly out twice on two colors of card stock is such a great idea.

coldwaters2 said...

Two wonderful cards the images designs and colours are so beautiful.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Randi said...

Wow, Nancy, you made two gorgeous FBW cards!!! I really love all that shimmer on your fairy!!

Kristie W. said...

Look at you with two cards!! Both are wonderful, I really love how you colored the fairy!

Michelle said...

OH Nancy both cards are so pretty! I really like your fairy card. Great job with the images this week!!

cabio's craft corner said...

These are gorgeous cards. Love the sparkly you added for tge fairy, very cute!!
Hugs,
Cabio