Wednesday, May 19, 2010

FBW110 - A Flowery Fairy

Flowers, flowers, EVERYWHERE! Our theme this week at Flutter By Wednesday is to use flowers on your card along with your fairy, butterfly, or angel. Kris suggested this fun theme!! I received this image from a friend (thanks Danni), and for the life of me, I can't remember the name of it. I'm glad that I found her because the size of her wings was perfect, and I love how they popped up on the card. I used Pixie Dust Shimmerz Blingz on them, and the sparkle is just right. The color of the prima flowers looked much better at 9 pm last night than it does in the light of day, so I apologize for that!! The designer paper is from American Crafts, and I purchased it from Paper Source, a fun store we have here in Charlotte!

ChristineDanni Harriet Jodi
KarenKimberly Kris Kristie
Lelia Michelle Randi

My team mates would love for you to visit to see their creations...they always knock it out of the park! Enjoy the creations, and we look forward to seeing your creations!!

Card Details:
Stamps: Joline by My Favorite Things (thanks Danni!)
Paper: Baja Breeze, Certainly Celery, and Basic Black by SU; Designer paper by American Crafts
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; SU Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Nestabilities; CM cutting system; EK Success border punch; Prima flowers; rhinestone stickers;
Shimmerz Pixie Dust Blingz; Copic markers; Spica Glitter pens

17 comments:

Heather said...

This is beautiful! Wonderful job!

Lelia Pierce said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH! I love that fairy! Great card, Nancy! :O)

Hugs,
Lelia

Nicola said...

Beautiful card Nancy, I too love this fairy and your wonderful layout sets her off to perfection.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

ellepaulette said...

Such a lovely car! Beautiful!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow Nancy!!I love that fairy,colors,
and that layout!!Amazing job!!

Karen Wilson said...

This is so pretty. Love those wings and what pretty DP too!! Great take on this week's challenge!

kris said...

Awesome take on the challenge!! that fairy is sweet and beautiful... and that DP is perfect too!! =D

Danni said...

She's from MFT, Joline. And, I must say you did a FABULOUS job with her!! This is gorgeous!

Kimberly S said...

Yes, she is such a cute image Nancy! Lovely coloring, and such gorgeous DP!!! :)

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Nancy this is a little beauty what a gorgeous image and I just adore your papers/colours

Hugs
Lorraine x

Harriet Skelly said...

Nancy - this fairy is the cutest! I love how you did her wings. I think her name is Jolene from My Favorite Things. The sketch and the paper you used are awesome too!

Christine said...

So sweet! The shimmerz is the perfect touch for her wings! I selcome color a fairy without some shimmerz on her wings!

Blessings,
Christine

Randi said...

Adorable!!! I love her shimmery, dimensional wings!! They look so cool slightly off the paper like that!!

Thanks so much for your sweet comment! The heart tutorial will be up soon. I did the flowers the same way. Basically I punched the flowers out of cardstock. Then I took the piece that I punched them out of and used it as a frame and decided where I wanted the colored flowers to go. Then I used the punched out flowers and traced around them (leaving a 1/4" margin or so. Then I colored inside the shapes. Then I used my punch to punch out where I colored. I then edged them with some Peony Colorbox ink and outlined them with my Stardust Clear gelly pen. And the last step was to glue them onto the image. Hope that wasn't too confusing!!

Randi said...

Opps, I forgot to add that if your flowers are overlapping..like mine were...you have to color on two separate images. That's why the outlining helps, too. So you don't punch into a part of your second shape! ;o)

marsha said...

What a fabulous image! Love the colors and DP - great job!

Hugs, Marsha

Cassie said...

this is soo, soo, cute!

Kristie W. said...

This is so pretty, Nancy! Great card!