Wednesday, May 12, 2010

FBW109 - It's a Paper Piecing Party!!

Well, not a party per se, but it is Wednesday! And, you all know what that means!! It's Flutter By time, and every time we bust out the fluttery things, it's a party! And, it's my birthday today, so there must be a party, right? Well, we had the cake last night, but that is a whole other story!


This week, we were challenged to use paper piecing on our projects. But, don't forget to include a butterfly, fairy or angel on your creation! That is the most important part!!


My Magnolias have been so neglected lately, so I knew that I had to bring out Tilda dressed in her butterfly regalia! I just love this stamp! It was a little fussy to paper piece, but I like the way she turned out! Unfortunately, my bow is a little lackluster...my fingers weren't working with the Bow Easy all that well! Grosgrain can be a little tough, but I think we can handle it. I STILL LOVE MY BOW EASY! There, I said it!


My teammates would love for you to stop by and say hi! And, we want to see your creations...just link them up HERE so that we can stop by!
Card Details:
Stamps: Tilda as Butterfly by Magnolia
Paper: Neighborhood pack, Melon Mambo, and Bermuda Bay by SU
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Ribbon by SU; Nestabilities; Cuttlebug Embossing folder; Copic markers; Spica glitter pens; Bow Easy

15 comments:

creationsncraftsbyarina said...

hi my name is arina and i come from holland. I love your beautiful cards.
I love your collors .
I am not so good in english sorry for that.
i became nou a follower off your blog.
will you come and visite my blog to someday.
i will love it.
hugs from arina ( holland)

Heather said...

Super cute!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Lelia Pierce said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Your card is adorable! I love the design and color choices!

Hugs,
Lelia

kris said...

Happy Birthday!!! WOW!! this card is amazing!! LOVE all the paper piecing you did on this... supe cute and lovely to see!! Fantastic job!!

Kimberly S said...

Oh my goodness, isn't she just darling in all of her paper piecing glory?! You totally rocked this challenge Nancy! :)

Harriet Skelly said...

Happy Birthday Nancy (I didn't know it was your birthday!!). I love your card - your paper piecing is perfectly done and I love the colors you used!! Have a great day!

Danni said...

Wow! wow! and Wow!! LOVE this!! Such happy, happy colors and it just makes you smile!!
Happy happy happy birthday dear friend!

HappyCrafter said...

Great job with the paper piercing, and boy, do I want one of those bow easys!

Randi said...

Super cute FBW card Nancy! I love this layout idea!! Such a great combo of colors!! Many Happy Birthday wishes to you!!

Karen Wilson said...

Happy Birthday, Nancy!

Your card is super cute and love the colors you used! Great job on the paper piecing and your bow looks great! I have one of those (Bow Easy) and it intimidates me! So you're one up on me!

marsha said...

Gorgeous Nancy! Happy, happy birthday! Love the paper piecing and what a cute Tilda!

Hugs, Marsha

Kristie W. said...

Soooo cute!! Now why didn't I think to use my maggie??? I'm getting so many new piecing ideas hopping around!

Kristie W. said...

I must have read too fast...Happy Birthday!! Hope it was fabulous!

Michelle said...

First off - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Hope you had a fabulous one. I'm a May birthday too (next week) :0)

Such a cute card - Enjoy everything about it! Super fabulous job with the challenge this week!

Jodi said...

Oh how cute and sweet!! I love your pretty bold colors!
Hugs
Jodi=)