Friday, May 28, 2010

Recessed Window - Sugar Creek Hollow Fabulous Friday

A little pomp and circumstance for you today! Today is Fabulous Friday at Sugar Creek Hollow, and there is a glorious freebie today!! My Flutter By team mates and fans will love it! Check it out HERE. Our challenge this week was to create a recessed window card for you today, and I always love black, white and red. I was able to dust off come brads and neglected prima flowers!!
Last night we attended a wonderful graduation ceremony for our daughter. She is graduating from preschool and heading off to kindergarten in the fall. I will admit that I got a little choked up tonight...it was so amazing to see how much they have grown. And, they played "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" with hand bells. Well, that was just the ultimate to me...I loved it!!
When we put her to bed, she just started sobbing saying, "Am I ever going to see my teachers again?" That was a difficult question to answer. She bonded so much with her teachers, and I honestly think that God handpicks preschool teachers, and he did a glorious job with her teachers. I'm said that I won't see them anymore, too. Change is hard.
I hope you enjoy the graduation card, and don't forget to grab the freebie image at Sugar Creek Hollow. My team mates have some truly remarkable, knockout cards this week...give them a look!!
Card Details:
Stamps: Graduation by Sugar Creek Hollow
Paper: My Minds Eye DSP; Real Red and Basic Black by SU
Accessories: Nestabilities; primas; brads; CM circle cutter

12 comments:

HappyCrafter said...

Such a nice graduation colour, I like the sharp clean feel of it and it's a great combo of patterns.

creationsncraftsbyarina said...

HY THIS IS A VERY PRETTY GRADUATION CARD, LOVELY COLOURS TO.

GREATINGS ARINA ( FROM HOLLAND).

Donna Moore said...

Red, white and black what a great combination! Your card is awesome, I love your paper and girl you did such a beautiful job with this!! A+++++++++++

Stephanie said...

This is wonderful, a great grad card. Love the BW&R..

ellepaulette said...

Just lovely and perfect!! :)

Bernadette Bliss said...

This is such a WOW card. Love the colors and all the extra detail. Beautiful...

Tracy Vinson said...

Great card this week Nancy. You have really showcased the graduate card well!

Joseline said...

Outstanding card!! I love this black and white with a splash of red recessed window card!!

Congrats to your little girl for reaching another milestone. May God bless her with many more!

Heather said...

Gorgeous card Nancy. Today was Beckett's last day of preschool and I cried and cried. Same as I did last year for Annabelle's. Her last day of kindergarten is Wed and I'm sure I'll need a box of kleenix for that too. I can't believe how fast they grow up!

Unknown said...

What a stunning & stylish card!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

What a beauty. I just love everything about it - the worn polka dot DP and the script behind the image are really wonderful. Great color combo too!

Cassie said...

oh nancy! you know polka dots are one of my favorite things!!! so is this card!! you did a terrific job on it!!!