Monday, July 6, 2009

Owl Be There

This card was actually a good way to use up scraps! That's ironic because making scrappy log cabin quilts is a good way to use up scraps of fabric! I thought making a log cabin block out of Basic Grey paper would be fun! I had to make this card big to be able to show an accurate view of the block. The part that was tricky was finding scraps from various BG papers in lights and darks that coordinated well. Sometimes, the different packs don't have enough darks, and then the colors in the different lines don't always coordinate! Who would have thought that using scraps would be so difficult!! This really ended up being a fun card to put together. I had wanted to stitch around the different papers, but I decided against it because it would've gotten just a little too busy for my taste! This is a cute set by The Greeting Farm called Deer Friends.

Card Details:
Stamps: Deer Friends by The Greeting Farm
Paper: Assorted Basic Grey; Old Olive, Summer Sun, Tangerine Tango, and Chocolate Chip by Stampin' Up
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: SU Word Window punch; SU Twill tape; Marvy Uchida scalloped oval punches
Copics: E33, G24, YR04, E18

4 comments:

Heather Schlatter said...

Nancy you colored your owl so pretty and I love that patchwork look behind him!!!

Great job on this and it is so much fun taking time to come by and read your sweet posts again!!

Heather

Teresa Kline said...

this is awesome, I luv using my scraps, what a great way to use them up.....very nice work!
enjoy *~*

Nicola said...

Wow I love the effect your scraps give and know this was not easy. Your wee owl is gorgeous and coloured to perfection Nancy.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Tenia Nelson said...

Very, very cool!!!