Saturday, February 21, 2009

We Need a Little Spring!


The weather has been crazy here in the Carolinas...one week it is in the 60s and 70s, then the next we are in the 30s and 40s! At least we do have sunshine! That's more than I can say for my family in western New York where winter can last from Halloween to Easter. So, I'm hoping to inject a little sunshine here and think spring!

This Magnolia card (I made two) is for two women in my Magnolia-licious yahoo group for their "rain" month (they are "showered" with cards!). Tilda is a great stamp to color, and it is good practice for my ever-evolving technique. Trial and error is the only way to keep on practicing! In fact, I usually stamp at least two of the image so that I can "audition" different colors and shading on one. I am really liking the Pink and Dark Pink combo lately...I finally added Dark Pink to my collection!! Slowly but surely I will have all of the Original markers!!!

Here are the details:
Stamps: Tilda with Sunflower from Magnolia; sentiment from More Great Greetings by SU
Paper: Regal Rose and Rose Red cardstock; Rose Red DSP; Basic Black CS (all by SU)
Ink: Rose Red, Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: CM (1/2 inch) circle punch and SU circle punch (1 3/8 inch); SU Scalloped edge punch; Copic markers (Skin-ROO, R20; Dress/socks-RV11, RV34; Shoes-E5; Hair-E57; Flower-G24, Y08); Shimmerz (Sunflower); SU grosgrain ribbon

If you get the chance, hop on over to Pamela's blog at Firecracker Designs...she has awesome die cuts to match her stamps, so cutting out images is easier than ever!! She's having a blog hop for the next few days with blog candy!!!

7 comments:

Kerry said...

Such a sweet image and card! Love the pink pp!

Teresa Kline said...

fabulous card, great coloring...so very cute! *~*

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Oh yes! I am definitely ready for spring! Your Tilda looks fabulous, Nancy! :)

Christi Flores said...

How sweet! Your coloring is awesome!!

Elizabeth said...

What a cute card - love the stamp!

Susan White said...

Very cute card!!! I lift a little something on my blog for you.

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cute card!!! tfs!!
-t