Tuesday, February 3, 2009

It's Going to be a "Challenging" week!


I'm making an effort to do more challenges, and what better week to start than this one! Yesterday, Monday, I completed TLC206 on Splitcoast, and it was a recessed window (bottom picture). It's a little difficult to tell that it is recessed in my picture, but trust me, it is! This is the first time that I actually wished I had a Scor-Pal! I don't seem to do much scoring, but it definitely would have come in handy. To compensate for my lack of Scor-Pal, I used a pencil and ruler to draw the 2 inch and 2 1/8 inch squares on the paper, scored it with my Cutterpede (free hand, sort of), and I folded it away from the pencil lines. I call it my rather non-traditional Valentine card because of the colors that I chose...Kraft, Not Quite Navy, and Riding Hood Red. I used the liquid pearls that I picked up at the beach last week, and I dusted off my Creative Memories heart punches.

The next challenge (the first picture) is actually two in one...woohoo!! I stumbled across a great little blog that hosts a sketch challenge weekly...Twinkling Tuesday. With the sketch MTTSC8, I used the color combination from CC204 on Splitcoaststampers (Tempting Turquoise, Pink Passion, Gable Green, and Lovely Lilac). It's a bright one, and it is also my very first Anya (The Greeting Farm) card!! This is an image from my friend, but the stamp is actually in the mail for me! I can't wait to play with the real thing!!

Now, for a blog candy opportunity that I came across:
Gramma's House of Cards (if you love Tildas)

6 comments:

Abi Bundy said...

lol love the fish bowl card really cute

Anonymous said...

Great card!!

Anonymous said...

Both cards are super cute. The non traditional colors on your fish bowl one are terrific.

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Fabulous cards, Nancy! ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi this is Madelynn. I love your princess card and I love her crown. I also like her dress. Thank you for playing my sketch :)

Tenia Nelson said...

Great Cards!!
-t