Wednesday, April 25, 2012

FBW200 Thanks for the memories!


Well, the day is here!  On the one hand, we have the 200TH CHALLENGE OF FLUTTERBY WEDNESDAY (yippee!), but on the other hand, we have the last challenge of Flutterby Wednesday (boo hoo).  I tried to get a little sentimental with my card...my heart was in the right place.  I found this wonderful paper that said things like, "joy, wonderful, happiness, memories, sparkle" and that is what I associate with Flutterby Wednesday.  However, I got a little sad and lost my mojo in the middle of the card, so you'll have to forgive me! 

Now, I'm going to get a little sentimental.  I really believe that I have been in full denial that FBW is going to end, and that is why I got a little befuddled making this card.  I really wanted to go out with a bang and give you the best card that I've ever made, but that didn't happen.  However, over the course of almost 150 challenges with FBW, I've given you all a body of work that has slowly and steadily improved, had some duffers, and even had moments of brilliance.  That is growth, and I believe that I have grown in this challenge.  So, the words "traditions, the good life, family, and I love you" are also befitting of my experience here.  We have been a little family, and above all, we've had smiles.  And, I hope we have brought some smiles to your face, too. 

So, with our last challenge, we have a fun sketch from Jen Shults for you, and we would love to have you play along with us HERE

Thanks for the memories! 

Card Details:
Stamps:  sentiment by SU
Paper:  Target DSP (who knew?); Lovely Lilac and Concord Crush by SU
Ink:  Concord Crush by SU
Accessories:  SU punches; SU ribbon; Sizzix BIGZ die; Cuttlebug embossing folder

7 comments:

Michelle VP said...

Aw, I think this is so sweet - love all the sentiments expressed in that background paper. It's been fun fluttering with you Nancy and I'll still be checking out your work for lots of inspiration! :)

Danni said...

Sigh-I'm not going to cry, not going to cry..what a heartfelt, wonderful post. And what a wonderful way to look at your time with FBW!
I have truly been blessed to have you on the team and to become your friend!
Love your creation...it makes me smile!
Big Fluttery Hugs!!

Michelle said...

Awe I think it's very pretty and so fitting as we are all about the butterflies! I know that it's not fully hit me yet but will when I *think* I need to get a card done for next wednesday. It's been a wonderful working with you and getting to know you...I know that I'll still be seeing you around blog land!

Anna said...

Perfect card for the last challenge. I totally get your sentiments behind it as well!

Leanne said...

I also think this is perfect for the last challenge Nancy. It's beautiful and bright and the sentiment behind it is lovely.
I have had a wonderful time sharing this journey, although for a short time, with you and I thank you for your sweet words and your inspirations each Wednesday. I'll be around to see what you're up to. Thank you so much!!
hugs,
;)

Harrisqhru said...

Mountain view, ca today ehealthinsurance, the leading online source of health insurance for individuals, families and small businesses, described four common mistakes consumers may make during open. The independent testing by Truth Publishing stated that their were six Hoodia brands they tested that passed for authenticity, these brands are: Desert Burn ZA, Hoodoba Hoodia, Dr. This is the reason why the more common pollinators of the hoodia gordonii are fliesm which are attracted to the rotten meat smell of the flowers.

emisoras fusion radio said...

Hi greaat reading your post