Wednesday, January 25, 2012

FBW187 Embossing!

For some reason, I wound up with a similar color scheme today as I did with last week! And, I used the same stamp set! I felt so guilty that this beautiful SU set -- Precious Butterflies -- wasn't getting any love at all!

This week our challenge at Flutter By Wednesday is to use any kind of embossing. Well, I had to use both wet and dry embossing...why not, right? My embossing tool hadn't been used in a while, so "it" was happy to accommodate! I used an old lilac from Stampin' Up for the flourish, a purple glitter embossing powder from Judykins, and a dry embossing template from Cuttlebug for the edge of the Elegant Eggplant (a little harder to see)!

If you would like to join us this week, please feel free to do so! You can upload your cards HERE! Thank you for stopping by today!

Card Details:
Stamps: Precious Butterflies by SU
Paper: DSP 6x6 pack in color by SU; Wisteria Wonder and Elegant Eggplant by SU
Ink: Elegant Eggplant by SU; Versamark for embossing
Accessories: SU ribbon; Cuttlebug embossing border folder; SU punches; Judykins and SU embossing powders

13 comments:

Amanda R said...

Love the beautiful butterflies! And that color you used for the embossing is absolutely gorgeous, very pretty card!

Mary J said...

oh nancy, so very very pretty honey! I lvoe yoru colour combo and the butterflies really POP!!

Lynette said...

Well, you can't go wrong with those colors, butterflies and embossing:) Terrific card!

Leanne said...

Gorgeous card Nancy! Pretty purples and fabulous layout. I miss using my SU stuff. That's how I started out and now they don't get any love.
Gr8 job this week!
;)

Anna said...

Super pretty! Love that color combo!

Danni said...

This is just so elegant and beautiful! Really loving this!

Michelle VP said...

Gorgeous, Nancy! Love the sparkly embossing and the elegant layout & background. :)

Michelle said...

you go girl - using both wet & dry embossing! I think it's an awesome color combo so I say use it more, lol! Very pretty card, Nancy!

Karen Wilson said...

Hi Nancy!! This is beautiful - both wet and dry embossing! Look at you, showing us all up! LOL!! VERY pretty and I would want to use this stamp alot to!!

Karen - FBWDT

Kristie W. said...

I just love, love, love your sparkly butterflies! You are making me want that stamp set!

Renee Matarese said...

This is so pretty Nancy. I love the embossing on the deep purple paper and the sparkle of the butterflies.

coldwaters2 said...

Gorgeous card Nancy I do love those papers and the colours you have used, the image and sparkly butterflies look so beautiful.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Harriet Skelly said...

Nancy this is so beautiful and elegant - I love the colors you used!