Monday, March 15, 2010

Paper Sundaes 9th Challenge - Happy Birthday

HAPPY MONDAY!! I had to shout that just so that I might believe it myself!! Actually, it wasn't too bad of a Monday despite our rather strange weekend that including losing sleep, an early wakeup call, and a 2 hour trip to the CVS Minute Clinic (the name cracks me up in retrospect). A tired dad, a discombobulated mom, and a kid with a double ear infection. Can you say, "good times!"?
On to brighter things! My card today is my first attempt at the Side Stair Step card. It was fun, and it seems a little more stable than the traditional stair step card. I really wanted to play with my 80s Anya, and I finally put pink hair on one of my images. Now, that was liberating!!
My card is for the 9th Paper Sundaes challenge, and it is for a multi-fold Easter or Spring card. Well, it is multi-fold, and the colors are definitely springy. Just chalk it up to my clouded mind from the weekend!! Anyway, it was fun, and I love playing this challenge every week!! It is my goal to keep playing every week, and so far, I have accomplished that. If you haven't tried one of their challenges, they post them every Sunday, and they are fun!! You'll love it!
I have a busy crafting week ahead of me, with a list of 10 different things to get done by Wednesday! This should be interesting! I'll pull it out, one way or another!
Card Details:
Stamps: 80s Anya by The Greeting Farm; Birthday Greetings by Stampin' Up
Paper: Sugar Rush and Lime Rickey by Basic Grey; Melon Mambo and Pink Pirouette by Stampin' Up
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Melon Mambo by Stampin' Up
Accessories: Copic markers; Nestabilities; Prima flowers; glitter brads; rhinestone brad

8 comments:

Stef H said...

oh i'm so sorry to hear DD has a double ear infection. i remember when my son had them. turned out they were caused by allergies - go figure!

fabulous card! and great job on the side stair step. you're way braver than i am.

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Nancy loving this lots and well done on your first side step card it looks fun and fruity with those beautiful colours love it. Hope the ear infection clears soon not a nice thing to have.

Hugs
Lorraine x

CarlaKH said...

Awww this is cute! LOve that anya and your design! Fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes!

Pauline said...

Great card, love the pink hair! My little boy suffers from glue ear so he also gets lots of ear infections, it's so horrible for them, hope your little one is better soon, Pauline x

HappyCrafter said...

Beautiful card, love the colours and that is a great fancy fold method, I haven't tried it yet and feel inspired to do so! Thanks for playing along with this weeks' Paper Sundaes challenge.

Christine said...

What a great step card! I love your coloring on your image, it's fantastic! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

Bananastamper said...

Such a bright and cheery card Nancy! So glad you could join us AGAIN at paper Sundaes! Woo hoo! Hope you had some luck completing your projects!
Shanna :)

sacornett said...

Well I love this card for lots of reasons but most of all beacuse you sent it to my sweet daughter for her birthday!!! It is proudly on display in her room. Hugs to you with many thanks.