Wednesday, March 3, 2010

FBW99 A little Pixie Dust

So sorry for the late post for this week's Flutter By Wednesday challenge! I think that the universe is just conspiring against me a bit for the last couple of days! We were away for 5 days, and I've had trouble getting my groove back, so to speak.

This week's Flutter By Wednesday challenge (FBW99) is an inspiration challenge. You can link it up HERE. Danni's favorite character is Tinkerbell, and we have this wonderful picture of her below as inspiration for this week's challenge! I was a bit liberal with my take on it, so I will explain where I'm coming from. I sometimes take inspiration challenges very literally, and at other times, my reasoning may seem somewhat obscure. I guess that is the way my mind works! When I look at this picture of Tinkerbell, I see the little mischievous, yet loyal with a big heart fairy that she is. I guess I imagine Enchanted Lily to be a bit like that. Let's face it, fairies are all of those things wrapped into one! I wanted to explain my card for a second reason also...I think sometimes we get intimidated by inspiration challenges! This just shows you that you can trust where your creativity takes you! Enjoy!

My card is also for this week's Paper Sundaes seventh challenge...I'm still trying to keep up with everyone!! It is a sketch challenge this week, and I know you will love it!! The sketch challenge is HERE.
Card Details:
Stamps: Enchanted Lily by Pink Cat Studios
Paper: My Mind's Eye DSP; Basic Black and Melon Mambo CS by Stampin' Up
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Copic markers (E00, E01, G21, G24, Y11, Y21, E31, E21, E25, E27, RV21, RV23, RV25, RV29, BG000, BG01); Target ribbon

21 comments:

Jeanette said...

This is so sweet. Love it.

Karen Wilson said...

I agree completely, Nancy! We should let our creativity guide us. The inspiration could be the colors even!

Your card is super cute!! Love your inspiration behind it!

Heather said...

I love this Nancy! Your coloring is absolutely beautiful!

kris said...

Oh Nancy! i know what you mean! =D but it sure looks like you've found your groove again... this card is wonderful! Love the image... funny, bright and cheery!!

Brandi said...

Darling card ~ Lily looks so sweet! :)

Stef H said...

oh she doesn't look impish at all! she looks just darling! just love our interpretaion and colors!

Erika said...

Very cute! I love the colors.

Dawn said...

You did a wonderful job with this Nancy! Love it!!!

Kimberly S said...

She's so wonderfully cute Nancy! Such lovely coloring, and beautiful card. :)

Christi Flores said...

This is so sweet Nancy!!

Danni said...

I love reading your posts!! This is so fun!!
Fabulous card!! Love it!

Debby said...

Lovely! And I totally what you get about the inspiration thing. Sometimes it's literal and sometimes a bit obscure but for me it makes sense. I get it. I really love this.

Bananastamper said...

Hi Nancy! I've had trouble with my "groove" this week too! Maybe it's one of those weeks! In any case, your card is super cute! So glad you were able to play with us again at Paper Sundaes!
Cheers,
Shanna :)

Jodi said...

A very sweet card!! Love the coloring you did on her! Great take on the challenge too!
Hugs
Jodi =)

marsha said...

Totally cute! Fabulous coloring and love this fairy!

Hugs,
Marsha

Alica said...

SO cute! Love the colors!
Thanks for playing with Paper Sundaes!

Harriet Skelly said...

Nancy this is the cutest image and I love this CAS layout! Your back into your groove! Hugs, Harriet

Danderella said...

Great card, I love that little fairy. Love what you did with our sketch. Thanks for playing at Paper Sundaes.

Michelle said...

Completely agree with you - glad you mentioned it about how we each gather something different from the photo and whatever it is we create is fine! That's call individualism and art!! Love your take and such a sweet card - fabulous job!!

Randi said...

Cute FBW card Nancy!! I love that PCS image and you colored it so beautifully!!

CarlaKH said...

This is so cute! Love the papers and that image is adorable. Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes!