Saturday, February 13, 2010

Quilting with Sugar Creek Hollow - A Sneak Peek


Happy Saturday everyone! We have snow here in Charlotte, NC...can you believe that one? We just didn't want to miss the party with the rest of the US! This has been one wild winter. Doesn't it make you want to hunker down under a nice cozy and comfortable quilt? These wonderful quilt images are from an awesome new digital stamp company that is officially debuting on March 1st. However, you can get in on the ground floor! Hop on over to the Sugar Creek Hollow blog and become a follower. There are images already available for purchase and even some freebies!

Our challenge with these three images was to use them on one card. I used the sentiment on the inside of the card, and I was able to use some scraps inside. The quilt block image is a fun one, and it actually has two names. Coming from a quilting background, I consult my mother for all quilt-related questions. And, she told me that this block is called both Bird of Paradise and 54-40 or Fight. Wow, they always have wonderfully rich names for quilt blocks, and they all have a unique history.


Another wonderful part of this preview...you can buy all three images for $4.99, and if you buy all three by today, you can have two more adorable stamps for free!

My card is also for two challenges:

Color Throwdown #79 - Sage Shadow, Blush Blossom and Riding Hood Red
Mercy's Sketch Challenge (MTSC60) - a sketch




Card Details:
Stamps: Quilt images and sentiment by
Sugar Creek Hollow

Paper: Be Loved by My Mind's Eye; Kraft, Riding Hood Red, and Blush Blossom by Stampin' Up
Ink: computer generated

Accessories: Red Lace by Moda Fabrics; Cream lace by unknown; Copic markers (pic above);

9 comments:

marsha said...

Nancy,
Beautiful job! I love your colors and design.
Hugs, Marsha

Stef H said...

wow nancy! this is just beautiful! reminds me of amish! beautiful!

Joseline said...

Great card Nancy! I love how you colored the quilt blocks.

ellepaulette said...

So lovely!!!

Heather said...

Beautiful card Nancy!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Nancy this is so beautiful I have always loved the quilting effect it reminds me of the old American era even though I am in the UK I always loved the old movies where I saw the quilts, I have also become a followers and bought the set.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Tracy Vinson said...

Super striking combination of colors. Very lovely card!

Megan -- Paper Crafts by Megan said...

What a gorgeous card! Please check out my blog candy and NEW color combo challenge at: www.pictureperfectcreations.blogspot.com

-Megs :)

Barbara said...

Such a sweet quilty card!!! Thanks for playing the Throwdown again!