Thursday, April 9, 2009

Cutest Etsy Shop on the Block!


I love playing along with the Etsy Inspired Challenges...they serve two purposes for me! They inspire me to create a card, and they inspire me to shop! When did I ever need inspiration to shop? Lauren Alexander's shop on Etsy is fabulous! I chose this piece as my inspiration for this week's Etsy Inspired challenge. He is such a cute little guy!

When I saw my stamp from The Greeting Farm, I knew that it would have to go on the card. Since Lauren is such an amazing artist, I had to at least pay homage to the watercolor, well, at least my version of it! I used ink wash on watercolor paper to create the background. I wanted to have something in the background, but I couldn't find a stamp I liked, so I used primas with rhinestone stickers. The colors really spoke to me, and voila, the card is born.

Card details:
Stamps: Forest Friends by The Greeting Farm
Paper: Glorious Green and Rose Red by Stampin' Up; watercolor paper
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Glorious Green for ink wash and Purely Pomegranate by Stampin' Up
Accessories/Tools: Scor-Pal; Prima flowers; Rhinestone stickers; Stampin' Up oval punches
Copics: E21, E25, E33

6 comments:

Danni said...

That background is so pretty!! Great card!

Tenia Nelson said...

This card is so cute!!! tfs!!
-t

Ashley Newell said...

This is so darn cute! I love that little deer (I'm eyeing that set) and the flowers! Awesome job on your card! Thanks so much for playing, it means so much to me! And remember, if you want to be on the DT for the month of June, please play along with all 4 challenges this month.

Heather said...

This is SO cute! the flowers are perfect! Hope you have a great weekend!

Heather Schlatter said...

Nancy,

You did a great job on this card and I love your inspiration piece so glad you played along with us this week on Etsy!!!

Heather

Abi Bundy said...

this is really cute love the flowers!!