Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Bee Mine!


This card is for this week's Etsy Inspired challenge #32, and the shop is so awesome this week! Angel Face Designs by Heather is featured this week, and she has some fabulous jewelry! This is my inspiration piece for this week. Such nice ideas for gifts! I really have found that I love inspiration challenges more and more because it just gives a nice springboard into the creation of a card. And, I especially like the Etsy Inspired challenges because you usually have many different items to choose from for the inspiration. I knew immediately when I saw this pendant that I had to use this set from Stampin' Up. It is a cute one, and of course I had to borrow it, but it may be on my purchase list for next month's stamp club! I didn't have a sentiment stamp that said Bee Mine, so I had to use a rub on alphabet to create the words. Thanks for stopping by today, and it is definitely worth a try to see the Etsy challenges! Come play!

Card Details:
Stamps: Just Buzzin' By by Stampin' Up
Paper: Summer Sun and Basic Black by Stampin' Up; DCWV designer paper
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: American Crafts Glitter Pen; Shimmerz in Coal and Angel Wings; Scor-Pal; SU grosgrain ribbon; Polka dot organdy ribbon; Nestabilities; SU circle punches; American Crafts rub ons; Copic markers

12 comments:

Jacquel said...

Awesome card Nancy! I love your interpretation of the pendant & the ss you used...very cute!

I have to agree with you on the inspiration challenges....they're very good @ getting you to think *outside* your creative zone!! Thanks for playing with us this week and sharing your beautiful work!!!

Danni said...

Oh how fun!! You did a great job with this, awesome card!

de said...

Wow, this is so great! And I can definitely see your inspiration piece shining through! Glad you are playing along this week!

Heather Schlatter said...

Nancy,

You did a wonderful job on your Etsy challenge card!!! We used the same color scheme on our projects today!!!

I love the Bee!!!

Heather

Jodi said...

Very cute card! Love the bee!
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Ann said...

Adorable! Love that little bee!

Ann Kranitz said...

So So adorable!! That bee is too sweet!

Ashley Newell said...

This is adorable Nancy! I love the colors and the awesome DP! Your layout looks great! Thanks for playing along!

cards by cara said...

beautiful work!

Nicola said...

Fabulous colour combo and that little bee is gorgeous. Great card Nancy, I love it.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Tenia Nelson said...

Very nice!!! tfs!!
-t

Abi Bundy said...

this is really cool love it!