Sunday, January 25, 2009

Valentine Mailbox




I finally did it! Instead of buying 10 of these and putting them in my closet (ahem, I did that last year!), I actually bought one at Target this year in a kicky metallic color, and I used it. Yay me! I didn't really have a template for how to cover it, so I just winged (or is it wung...LOL!) it. I'm including three pictures of it to show the detailing on all sides. I used the Basic Grey Bittersweet line (can you say obsessed?), and I used a darling little stamp from Whiff of Joy. The coloring is done with Copic and Spica markers. I had to add a little bit of bling for attitude, which is ever so important! Finally, I used the rub ons from the Bittersweet line and some random ribbon I had amongst my enormous stash.
Speaking of a stash, isn't it always the case that no matter how much stuff you have, you will invariably never be able to find something that you need from your stash. Hence, you will have to go out and spend money on something new!
Happy stamping and creating...hug your kid, parent, friend or significant other today--they just might need it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this! I actually looked for these at Target this weekend and did not find any. I was distracted by the kids though...

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

How gorgeous is this! LOVE it! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh what a lot of work...Beautifully done. I bet you are proud as punch!

Tenia Nelson said...

Very cool!!! Awesome job on this altered mailbox!!!
-t