Thursday, February 28, 2008

I have a hard time with sympathy cards...




Stamping and making cards brings a lot of joy to my life, but there is one kind of card that is difficult to make-the sympathy card. On February 12th, one of the most awesome people I know left this earth. Tom Prechtl was an awesome man, father, and teacher. I was pleased and honored to have known him all my life. Every single time I saw him, I got the best, most heartfelt hug. We're a hugging family, so this is one important quality! He and his wife Judy are such a big part of my life...they both just make you feel special. I'm really going to miss Tom, but I know the impression that he has made on not only my life but the lives of so many others. That brings a little bit of peace, and this poem reminds me of him.




Don't Weep for Me


Do not stand at my grave and weep.


I am not there, I do not sleep.


I am a thousand winds that blow.


I am the diamond glints on snow.


I am the sun on ripened grain.


I am the gentle autumn rain.


When you awake in the morning hush,


I am the swift uplifting rush of quiet birds in circled flight,


I am the stars that shine at night.


Do not stand at my grave and cry,


I am not there, I did not die.




Tom was a man of strong faith, and I know that he is in Heaven looking down on us all, and I'm sure he is telling a joke or two and giving everyone hugs and words of encouragement. That's just the kind of man he was.




5 comments:

Heather said...

Nancy, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. The poem is absolutely beautiful, as are your cards. Hang in there and let me know if you need anything.

FireCracker082 said...

Sorry to hear that Nancy...you hang in there...it's so hard when we loose someone who is so close to our daily lives...sending you cyber hugs....Pamela

Heather said...

hey Nancy,
this is just your annoying friend Heather reminding you to post again!

Mandy said...

Great cards. I know it is hard to make them. I'm sorry about your loss!

Candy said...

I am sorry to hear of the loss of one you held so dear. I am happy to hear he is in Heaven. Sympathy Cards are SO VERY hard to make.

I just wanted to say that when my father died we found this poem in his wallet. I think it was a message to us. I can never read it without crying.